Wednesday, September 10, 2014

7.4.14

Who: Rob & I
What: Waking up at the crack of dawn to see the sunrise on Beaver Island Harbor Light aka Whiskey Point (Which is really the greatest name for a lighthouse, amiright)?
Where: Beaver Island, Michigan
Captured: Canon EOS50




For those of you who know us personally or have been following along for a while, you know this is not the first time we have been to Beaver Island, & you can bet I dragged Rob along with me to see both lighthouses when we were here 4 years ago too. Well since we were last here this lighthouse got a facelift! A fresh coat of white paint has this bad boy looking good as new. And to be quite honest, as much as I love it with a fresh coat of paint I did find myself longing for the way it looked last time. Perhaps that was just nostalgia talking. Haha.




Well worth our early morning rising (even after a night of not much sleep!) to see the sun come up here. The colors were beautiful and since no one else is crazy to get up so early to hang out near a lighthouse, it was amazingly peaceful. Not a single soul to disturb us. Also, what better way to kick off our fourth of July??

No comments:

Post a Comment